Friday, November 16, 2007

Running Immunities


Thursday

It was snowing this morning when I left for work. It was snowing when I got home too, but there wasn't much accumulation so it must not have snowed all day long. I decided that I'd run outside. I just feel like I should push the outdoor running as far as I can. I know a time is coming when it won't be an option. It was damn cold so I decided to try running with a winter hat. The winter headband I bought is too small for me and it puts too much pressure on my brow. Once I started I could tell that this was definitely the coldest weather that I've ever ran in. It took a while to get my breathing into a good rhythm. Of course that could have also been labored by the fact that I was running faster than usual. I got confirmation of this when I got back to my driveway (.7 mile) in 9:37. I knew I couldn't keep up the pace and I felt like I slowed when down on the next stretch. It seemed like it took forever to get to the last mile marker (.8 miles from driveway) but it only took 10:24. With both of those very encouraging times under my belt I knew I had an opportunity to finish the day up with one of my fastest times. I felt like I had the energy so I went ahead and laid it all out there. On that last mile it's becoming routine for me to feel like the road is vacuum tube that I'm being sucked down. Like gravity or something is just pulling me down the road. I knocked out the last mile in 12:47 making for record total time of 32:47. Besting yesterday by almost a minute felt pretty darn good. The hat ended up working pretty good. I did get a little sweaty, but it was way better than the headband pushing my eyes closed. The thing with the top of my left foot is still there. It felt better to walk with shoes on today, running hasn't really bothered it still.

Friday
I still haven't gotten sick. The rest of the family is on the mend. The kids aren't really experiencing the kinds of symptoms they were and sick wife is getting her voice back though she is coughing more. This is still a running blog. I just wanted to mention this because it appears running has staved off a nasty bug at least for a good week so far. The plan is to do the weights routine tonight, it should be uneventful.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Okay, what the heck is that above?

Emil Von Runner said...

Jeff: I put that top post in google translator and it appears to be Portuguese spam.

Jeff said...

Very nice! Thought maybe that bug running it's way through your house got to your blog!