Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doctor's Orders

Tuesday I had surgery. It was supposed to be minor and relatively pain free. Apparently that last sentence has different definitions for different people. I had incorrectly assumed that I would still be able to run my half marathon on Sunday. I'm considerably disappointed at this point, but I don't really have an recourse. I'm not supposed to run for a week or two. I think I will either run the Grand Rapids or Detroit half marathon. I'm bummed about all of this but I've had a couple days to process it all and I know I'll be fine.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Oh man, so sorry to hear that, Emil. You will be fine and you'll run the next one.

Pat said...

Hey, I had a vasectomy about 5 weeks before my first half. I even ran with stitches.

I hope you get better quick.

Good luck,

Pat

Don Kern said...

Best of luck on your half-marathon. Of course, I hope you'll choose Grand Rapids. Cold microbrew waiting at the finish line!!

and the adventure continues....
Don Kern
www.grandrapidsmarathon.com

Pokey said...

Way TMI, Pat!!! LOL!

Hope you feel better soon. There are plenty of races...take care of yourself!