Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Preperation Running


Friday

I did my weights routine, nothing eventful happened. The kids have contracted some kind of sickness, runny nose for one and lots of coughing for the other. This makes my wife think she should stay home with them. Her logic is that no one wants take care of a couple of sick kids. I think she underestimates the gravitational pull of circling grandparents.

Saturday
At first I wasn't quite sure how to handle today. After I thought about it though I figured I'd be ok if I ran my 2.5 mile route as long as I didn't try and push for a fast time. So that is what I did this morning, 2.5 easy miles. I finished in 35:48, which I thought was perfect considering how little effort went into the run. This run brings my total mileage this week to 15. Next week will be less, since I am running the race on my long run day. I figure that will be ok though as I have been building weekly mileage for the past 7 weeks. In other news my wife has now also contracted an illness from the kids. I fear that I may be next. Actually it's not a fear at all, it's a certainty. My grandparent theory from yesterday proved positive today when my mother in-law put her foot down and guilted my wife into letting her watch our kids. I have a good mother in-law (and know that I say this even though neither my wife or her read this). So what this means is that my wife will be able to join me at the 5k tomorrow. My running friends are also on board, as well as a couple of non-running friends that live in the area. Through a strange confluence of events my mom, her boyfriend, and my grandpa will also be in the area and are stopping by.

0 comments: