Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Greyish Linings

I'm still alive. I still can't run. Let me tell you, it sucks not to run. I have only done my weight routine once since the injury. I can't seem to find the motivation to do reps. Reps suck.

Eating is pretty on track though, still losing lbs. Weigh-ins for the last two weeks have been happening: 11-26-07 308.2 lbs & 12-03-07 305 lbs.Thanksgiving wasn't that tough. I've been eating smaller portions for awhile now, it's almost automatic. For when it's not I've told myself it's ok to throw away food I don't need to finish. It's weird how I actually can feel myself getting full now, that never used to happen when I was eating twice as much. Also I'm finally on my last belt hole. I'll have to punch a new hole if my waistline gets any smaller.

We got enough snow earlier this week that I had to go out and shovel for about 20 minutes. This activity used to just about kill me. I'd come back in the house wheezing and drenched in sweat. It still makes me sweaty, but I wasn't even close to out of breath. Mild soreness in my lower back the next day, but I never work those muscles so that is expected.

We moved my next doctor's appointment up from the 19th to the 11th. If my foot has a stress fracture it'll show by then. If not I might run that night.

5 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Dude in a week or two there will be a 2 in the start of your weight how cool is that?

Keep up the good work with the eating and try hitting the weights if you can.

Pat said...

we've abandoned the ideal that you have to clean your plate. cleaning your plate doesn't help starving kids in africa, it just makes me fatter.

I got a belt with braided belt, so that I don't have to worry about holes. I just notice the tongue gets longer and longer.

they need to make a garmin or watch that keeps track of your reps. That would get me more motivated.

good luck, pat

Jeff said...

Emil -- it's awesome that you're still losing. So tough to get through the injuries. Keep it up, you're doing great.

Unknown said...

You are so close to the 2's...way to go!!!!! Keep up the positive attitude, you are doing great! I had the pleasure of shoveling this past week also, I opted for the shovel over the snow blower and counted it as my daily workout, hee hee.

Pokey said...

Keep up the great weight loss! I need to get more focused on that after my race next month. Just think about how much better you'll feel when you get back to running AND are a few pounds lighter! You'll do great!